We bring the best legal services to help you tip the scales to turn a good business into an
exceptional one from day one.
As a mentor to startups, we work with early-stage companies and startups, to refine their business strategies and to
help enable rapid growth. We believe startups should have cost conscious access to a lawyer in an advisory capacity
in the early phases of business development. Tadlock & Associates has advised many startups and entrepreneurs.
As business lawyers in Texas, we love innovations and
entrepreneurship, yet we understand how to analyze
possible risk, anticipate potential pitfalls, and help you
navigate through business and industry changes securely.
For instance, choosing the right legal entity; protecting intellectual property; securing investment capital; creating and negotiating agreements with employees, vendors and customers; and simple counseling on day-to-day business related legal issues that arise in startup companies.
At Tadlock & Associates our understanding of the intricacies of a global
business is what sets us apart from most other lawyers.
Flat Fee Business Startup Package
We offer startups, in their first year of operation, a comprehensive business startup package for
the legal needs of a new Texas company. We provide this package for a flat fee of $3,500 (plus
out-of-pocket expenses, such as filing fees in Texas).
We offer startups, in their first year of operation, a comprehensive business startup package for the legal needs of a
new Texas company. We provide this package for a flat fee of $3,500 (plus out-of-pocket expenses, such as filing fees
This Business Startup Package for entrepreneurs and startups consists of the following documents and services:
Incorporation, Organization, and Qualification
- Reservation of corporate name
- Preparation and filing of Texas Certificate of Formation
- Preparation of Bylaws and Certificate of Secretary
- Preparation of Organizational Board Consent regarding organization and corporate governance matters.
- Preparation and filing of Form SS-4 Application for Employer Identification Number (and state tax application for state where the business is located)
- Preparation and filing of qualification to do business as a foreign corporation in the state in which the company is located (if applicable)
- Preparation and organization of corporate records and minute book
- Preparation of Ownership Agreements or Partnership Agreements
- Preparation of Stockholder Consent regarding the following organization and corporate governance matters:
- Approval of form of Indemnification Agreement for officers and directors
- Approval of Stock Option/Stock Issuance Plan
- Preparation of form of Indemnification Agreement for officers and directors
Employment and Consulting Matters
- Preparation of form of At-Will Employment Offer Letter
- Preparation of form of Employee Confidentiality and Inventions Agreement
- Preparation of form of Independent Contractor Services Agreement
Intellectual Property Matters
- Preparation of form of Unilateral (One Way) Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA)
- Preparation of form of Mutual (2-Way) Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA)
- Preparation of Assignment of intellectual property from Founders to the company
3 Months of our In-House Lawyer On-Demand Program ($1800+ Value)
In addition to these documents and filings, we also provide three months of advice and consultation with a startup lawyer and/or document
review and negotiation on matters of your choice (which may include topics such as employment, real estate (office or store leases),
intellectual property, & business plans; and negotiating, reviewing, drafting, and execution of other business or personal related agreements).
What is Not Included
The Business Startup Package is designed to provide startups with a comprehensive set of tools that will allow them
to protect their intellectual property and become investor-ready to seek outside financing. This package does not
include any stockholders’ agreement among the founders or any private placement memorandum or other documents
to raise external financing.
get in touch
Eventually, everyone runs
into a problem they can’t solve
They haven’t see it before or don’t know where to start. When you need help we get you the
right lawyer to put your mind at ease and get started on the solution immediately.